30 Real Stories of Unexplainable Events


I fell unconscious in front of my friends for what was 1 minute give or take. During that time, my deceased dad came to me in a vision and foretold that my life would shape up exactly the way it did. That was two year ago.



I was on my family’s yearly camping trip and we were having a seance. There was a window in the cabin and I became terrified to even have it in my peripheral vision. Eventually the evil I felt moved on and the window was safe, but now I was meeting my brother’s best friend, Blaine, for the first time. This boy had died a few years back in a car accident, but I felt as if I had known him all my life. I broke down and sobbed while Blaine laughed at me because I was a pussy and he made me cry. Brother confirmed that sounds like something he’d do.

Shortly after that, I got a strange feeling that I was going to die. No pain, no harm, no reason, but I was going to just drop dead. I sobbed again and it was probably the scariest experience I have ever had in my life. I knew with 100% certainty that I was going to die and I knew I could do absolutely nothing to stop it. The fear of being so utterly powerless still terrifies me today. My cousin grabbed my hand, pulled away as she pinched her fingers together, and as soon as her hand released mine I instantly felt better. The same fear that I had earlier came back as I felt the same evil in my cousin’s hand that I previously felt outside the window.

Another paranormal story from my childhood: Most kids have an imaginary friend and parents accept it as normal. I, however, had a ghost friend instead. We hung out and did everything you’d expect, but it was always at my house. One day Ian invited me to his house and my parents were skeptical, but decided it couldn’t hurt to see what would happen. I gave them directions to an area I had never been in and upon arrival realized there wasn’t a house there… We did some research and about 15 years prior to meeting Ian it turns out there was a fire in the night that killed the entire family. The son, Ian, was one of the victims in this tragedy. Immediately after discovering this information, Ian got trapped in a fire while we were playing and ‘died.’ I viewed this as normal and never saw him again.



About 15 years ago, on my birthday, I received a phone call and the caller ID was my grandmothers phone number. She had passed away 11 months prior. I answered but there was no one there. I called it back and the number was disconnected.



I was hanging around with some friends around a fire in an open area of a small forest near a beach. Lots of my friends were getting drunk or high but I avoided it, I disliked the taste of the beer they were drinking and I also didn’t want to smoke it. At around 11:30, I had to go home and my friend went with me. We were all alone and started walking down a path out of the woods and it was pitch black, only the lights of our cellphones were used to help guide us. At one point my friend said “Hold it, stop! Turn out your light!” and I did.

I could faintly see his own outline right next to me and he was pointing to somewhere in the woods off the path. The moon came out behind the cloud and I could see what he was pointing at. There was a man standing next to a tree, define head and shoulders and torso. I thought he was taking a piss but it felt odd and I was ready to get out of there.

My friend shined his cellphone in that direction but the light wasn’t exactly far enough to see but I swear it looked like the guy was facing us, staring. My friend whispered “Alright, let’s back off, come on.” and suddenly there was the snap of a branch and this guy was charging towards us through the foliage and tree branches.

We sprinted as fast as we could and didn’t look back. My friend later noted when we got back to my house he thought the dude looked like he had no legs and was sort of floating through the the air straight for us. I didn’t get a good enough look, I just saw him jolt towards us fast and moving quick.



So I moved to this new place about 5 years ago to pursue better career prospects. While here, I began dating a colleague of mine. However, we were both living as paying guests in different houses at the time and were not allowed to visit each other according to house rules. So we pretty much spent all evening after work outside and only turned up to our rooms to sleep, wash,… So the room I stayed at was located in this old apartment complex outside a local train station.

The elevator opened onto the 6th and 9th floors only. All other floors were accessible only by stairs. My room was located on the 7th floor so I had to take the elevator to the 6th floor and then climb up the stairwell. It was very late around 2 A.M, and after our usual nightly walks, my boyfriend dropped me off close to the building and headed off to his room. As I began to walk towards the lift landing, I had this eerie feeling of being followed. So I picked up the pace and caught the elevator going up and when I turned around just as the doors closed, I noticed there was no one there.

When the doors opened onto the 6th floor, I was still very scared and anxious and could not shake off the eerie feeling. So I ran up the stairs and opened the door of the apartment. I was then renting the room from an old woman and her daughter who lived there. It was a 2 bedroom apartment, and the daughter liked to turn on the aircon quite high so the old lady slept in the hall. So when i opened the door that night, I found the old woman asleep in the hall as usual. I quickly locked up and went to my room and thought nothing of it till the next morning. It was around 7 A.M when I woke up to get some water.

When returning to the room I noticed a broom placed across the front door. Again, I thought nothing of it and went back to my room. When I finally got back out, the old lady was sitting on the couch, and she asked me what time I got in the previous night. I said it was late around 2 AM. She said she had dreamed that there was someone following me very closely and wanting to get into the house. And so she had placed the broom at the front door to prevent that person from entering.



I was roughly 10 when this happened. My brother and I shared a room together and I woke up pretty early one morning, the sun wasn’t up yet. I looked around the room and saw the shelf that had a basket with a sweater on top of it. I thought to myself “hmm. kinda looks like someone is standing there.” I knew it was just a basket and sweater because I saw them before I went to sleep. Then this figure moved closer to the side of my bed. it didn’t move with smooth transitions, it seemed to almost teleport in a way. it made 4 total movements to get to the side of my bed, making no noise in the process. I got very scared and hid under my blankets and waited for about a minute or so. I lifted a part of my blanket to peek out and see if it was still there, and it was. It seemed hunched over, as if it was peeking back at me. I got even more frightened and hid under my blankets for a few more minutes. I peeked one more time and it was gone. All I could see was the door and wall. I slowly removed myself from underneath my blanket and began turning my head to survey the room and saw it, on the other side of my bed, except it was closer to my brothers bed than mine, it seemed like it was looking at him now. still terrified, I hid under my blankets until the sun came up. I have not even the slightest clue what I saw that morning.



When I was in high school I had a teacher who wrote short stories. One in particular was especially freaky and I asked him where he got the inspiration from. Turns out it was based on something that happened to him a few years earlier. He’s sitting home late one night when he hears several people banging on his door. He opens it and finds several boys from the football team begging to come in. They were all extremely frightened and some of them close to tears or crying.

They said they had been driving down the road when their car died. Now we live in rural Idaho, and this was before cell phones. They thought they were lucky because the car died right in front of the only store in miles. The store was closed but there was a pay phone. The phone is right next to the road.

As they approach, the phone starts ringing. Confused, one of them decided to answer it. The voice that came through the phone was audible to all the boys. The voice started by saying he was the devil and that he stopped their car. My memory’s a little hazy on what else he said. But next he tells them to turn around. They do and see a man standing on the opposite side of the road. They said they could see red eyes but the rest of his figure was black. The man starts walking towards them across the road.

At this point they were basically all shitting themselves and were apparently too scared to run. Not like there was anywhere to go, they were miles from the next town. As the man reached the middle of the road a semi truck approached. The truck driver slammed on his brakes and swerved trying to avoid him. The semi went right through him. After the semi had passed he was gone, vanished. No body or any sign of an impact.

At that moment their car started. They jumped in and that’s when they drove to my teachers house. My teacher is a religious man and I guess that’s why they chose to run to him. My teacher was pretty skeptical of the whole thing and decided to go to the spot where it happened the next day. He saw the big skid marks from a semi slamming on its brakes. He also said the spot just felt weird. So he decided to turn it into a story. After he told me that I never stopped at that store EVER again.



Just this Friday I had come home around 11pm after going out to dinner with a friend. I was lying in bed on my phone (typical Friday) and eventually dozed off. When I woke up my phone was not on my bed or the floor anywhere so I go to find my iphone and it shows its still at my house. I play the sound and walk around every inch of my house unable to find it. I decide to go check my porch and as soon as I step outside I hear the faint “bing” noise coming from my phone.

After looking around my porch trying to figure out where the noise was coming from I got to a spot where it sounded like it was right above me. Sure enough I get a ladder and climb up the side of my roof and its sitting on my shingles above the window of the guest room. Still have no fucking idea how it got there as no one else was at my house that night.



I don’t remember this happening as I was very young but it’s still something that my mom talks about to this day.

I was a wee lad almost 2 I think when my mom’s father passed away from pancreatic cancer. He used to play with me apparently in my old toy room as a way to take his mind off his cancer. My mom says she would always hear me giggle whenever he did. Getting off track so it’s the day after his funeral. I’m in the toy room and she’s in the kitchen. She hears me giggle and being a curious mom comes and asks me what’s so funny?

“Grandpa came to play with me,” I said. She just stared at me she tells me for a solid 5 seconds and says OK…

Apparently after she left the room I started giggling again.



My mother has told myself and anyone of the night my life was saved by an “Angel” when I was two. I don’t remember any of this, but this incident caused my mom to continue to be as religious as she can be today. Around 10 pm on this night when I was two, the babysitter my mom got me had fallen asleep on the couch, and my mom opened the garage door and walked inside the house expecting me to be upstairs asleep. The door was left open and i crawled out because I guess the street lights and steady rain seemed attractive to me.

My mom explains that after freaking out that she couldn’t find me she ran outside to crawl to the edge of the sidewalk, look forwards and stop right as a large truck began to speed up the street. Sitting across the street in the pouring rain was a teenage boy in a light hoodie and sweatpants staring directly at me shaking his head as in “no”. My mom ran forwards, picked me up and began to come back up the driveway when she turned around and the boy was no where to be found.

To this day she believes that the kid was my guardian angel and that if he wasn’t there I would have kept on going right in front of the truck. To whoever that was, thanks.



Leave a comment