26 Supernatural Experiences That Cannot Be Logically Explained

Thank you to the creator and contributors to the post on Reddit, source link is featured on last page.


I have one story I can not explain, I have given up but still a skeptic. When I was in college in the summer I worked in a glass factory in the “basement”. Nothing weird, well lit, just the very bottom of the building. Anyway, we would stack pallets and when full a forklift would take them into the warehouse. You had to have your head a swivel, because there were many moving lifts, tow vehicals, and other assorted dangers. It was an old place, but like I said not ominous.

So one day, during the day, I was working just finishing one pallet and about to move to the other to start; I look up and an African man in overalls is standing about ten yards in front of me, staring at me. I stopped, not really scared, more Wtf. Then I noticed that although his head and body were normal, his legs seemed to fuzz out into nothing, and his clothes just seemed dated.

That’s all, because as I stopped for those few seconds looking at this thing, a large bulk 1000 pound pallet fell off a trailer into the area I was about to enter. If I did not see what I saw, I would not have hesitated, and would have been crushed. I like to think about this event, and not at the same time, it was weird.



When I was in 5th grade I was awoken in the middle of the night by this surge of energy. I looked to the foot of my bed and saw the ghost of my stepmom, whom I still believed to be alive. Without actually saying anything, she told me that she loved me and that everything would be alright. An overwhelming sense of ease that was not my own came over me, and I went back to sleep.

The next morning my mother informed me that my stepmom, who had been ill with liver failure, passed away overnight. I’ll never forget it.





I was once camping around the side of a mountain in the country-side with two friends. We were all rather merry, brought some whiskey along and so on, at one point (at about 2 o’clock in the morning) I decided to go for a walk on my own. The stars were out alongside the moon. It was a wonderful calm night.

I walked off into the direction of a forest, which was at the top side of the mountain. The forest was incredibly isolated, miles away from anywhere and it was made up of long thin pine trees. It actually looked really daunting, but for some reason I was drawn to it. I checked around, I was about a mile and a half away from my friends at the tent.

As I walked into the forest I started to feel really odd, I don’t know if it was anything to do with the buzz from the whiskey earlier, or just my brain reacting oddly to the horror-film external stimuli that I was being drawn to, but I felt odd. I continued walking, in a straight line, sliding between the pine trees, and pushed forwards, deeper into the forest.

Now it is at this point when something happened, and I still have no logical way to explain it. It certainly did happen, I’m sure of that. It wasn’t in my mind.

I was deep in the forest, tired, and getting rather claustrophobic. My torch was having a few problems, and so I decided to turn back, and meet back up with my friends at the camp, they’d probably have passed out now anyway. Now, as I turned around to head out of the forest, I heard a slight noise. It got louder and louder, and nearer and nearer. Then it stopped. Now at this point I was freaking out a little, but the noises were obviously just from deer or from wildlife, and so I paid no heed to it. I continued walking, but the noise returned, closer this time. I now stopped to listen for the second time, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and I felt slightly off once again.

It’s important to visualise what this forest looked like, as it is an important part of what was to come: Incredibly dark and dense, pine trees close to each other, not a lot of room. The stars were barely visible through the heights of the pines, and there was a perpetual creaking from the breeze. If you were claustrophobic, you would not want to be there.

I heard the noise again. I turned around and shone my torch into the deeper part of the woods, nothing there, empty and unsettling, the old trees creaked again.

Then the noise returned. The noise of movement. It was getting louder and louder, closer and closer. A kind of sickly scraping across the dead leaves of the forest floor. It was getting closer, almost as if it was coming towards me. I shone my torch ahead, I stood deadly still. Then, across the yellow beams of my torch, about four feet in front of me, a human man ran past me. I remember clearly he was wearing some kind of suit, and he moved in a rather languid manner. He ran past me, I never saw his face. I shone my torch after him, I called after him in shock. I managed to follow him with the beam of my torch, but he ran with such speed and accuracy between the thick dark of the pine trees, that I had no chance. He disappeared, and I never got a chance to see his face.

It just really freaks me out whenever I remember this. I was in the complete middle of nowhere miles and miles away from society, at the back of a mountain. And before you ask, no, it wasn’t one of my friends. They’d have owned up after a while, I know that. The man in the suit remains a complete mystery to me. I checked the newspaper the day after, no crimes committed, nobody ‘on the run’. Just one witness, me, to a suited man running through a pine forest in the dead of night.



This was told to me by my family just a few years ago since I was too young to remember. Anyway, my grandma was fighting breast cancer when it spread to her brain. We all knew it was the end. Just a few weeks later, she passed. My parents and I flew out to Washington (we live in Ohio) and I was only 3 years old.

We get to the funeral and everybody is an emotional wreck because my grandma was loved by everybody she ever came in contact with. I don’t know what’s going on since I’m still basically a toddler. We all go back to my grandpa’s house and my family is sitting in the living room and I make my way outside to play with my grandpa’s dogs. Apparently I came inside and asked why grandma was outside by herself. My mom tried to explain to me that grandma is gone and I won’t see her again.

I then proceeded to say “but mommy, she’s sitting in her rocking chair on the deck right now! she told me to tell you guys she’ll see you soon!”



In southwest Missouri where I’m from, as a teenager most people go out to see the spooklight. I definitely saw it when I went. It’s just a flickering light, but most attempts at a scientific explanation are flawed, and it’s been around since the 19th century. And some people say it’s actually appeared inside of cars as they drive by. Me, it was a flickering light you could see but would disappear as you get close.

So yeah, maybe it’s a ghost. Sure.




A few years back my family and I visited my grandparents in Mexico. I was told that when they were building the house that my grandparents live in, they found a bunch of bones there. I heard a lot of stories of weird things going on in the house from my family members that live there, but I didn’t wanna believe them.

So one night I was fast asleep when I get woken up by the sounds of dogs barking like mad outside, I lift my head up and when I do I hear someone/thing yell directly into my ear, they yelled so loud that my ear was ringing. My parents were both in the same room sleeping and asked if they heard anything, told me to go to sleep and that I just imagined it.

To this day I have never wanted to go back. That was just one of the paranormal/weird moments I’ve had.



This event happened while I was in college. We were hosting a house party and there were upwards of 200 people there. The house was built in the early 1900’s and creepy as hell when empty at night. The back bedroom was rumored to be where a suicide happened at some point in the house’s history. My best friend occupied this room and it was also the hangout spot as it was the largest room which could hold a bed and a couple of couches very easily. Well, since my friend was selling a little on the side, he always had combination locks on his door to prevent anyone from getting in during parties.

Well, here we were with all these people, and I am standing in the backyard around the fire pit. I can clearly see the back bedroom, and all of a sudden the light turns on. I look up, and think nothing of it at first as I thought maybe my friend went in to retrieve something. Then I see my friend talking to these girls about 20 feet away…. I run up to him and ask him who is in his room. “No one, that shit is locked down tight as usual” was his reply. I grabbed him and took to where he could see the window to his room. Sure enough, lights are on. As we are looking up at the window, a figure comes into view behind the closed blinds.

We both flip out and push our way through the crowd in what had to have left several people on the ground. 20 seconds later we are standing at his door, lock still in place. We both give each other the “WTF” look and he unlocks the lock and we go inside. Lights are off and the blinds are now up. Nothing is missing nor out of place. I check the light that was on and it won’t turn on. Bulb is completely gone from the socket. We both looked at each other in disbelief, “You saw what I saw right?” I inquired. “Ya….” was his only response.



I lost time once. This happened about 8 or 9 years ago and it actually confuses me still when I think about it.

Anyway, I used to work a swing shift from from 3pm until 11 pm, Mondays through Fridays. So my routine would be clock out, drive to the convenience store, buy some crap to shove down my cake hole, get home, get into some trunks or whatever, sit down, turn on the tv, eat and surf the net, and not pay attention to Jay Leno, while waiting for Conan O’Brien to come on at 11:35. All of this took about 20 to 25 minutes from work to in home on my couch.

Anyway, so one night, I get off work. Have to clock out right at 11pm. Do my usual routine. Get home and go to my room to take off my uniform, go to the bathroom to wash my face. I grab my food and sit on the couch, turn on the tv and some morning farm report is on. Check the channel. Yep, right channel. Where the fuck is Jay Leno? Don’t even think about looking at my watch or phone to check the time. I decide to just wait and see if Conan comes on after the farm report. I eat and sure enough, the motherfucking good morning news program is coming on. I look outside and it’s blue. It should be fucking dark out. I look at my watch and it’s fucking 7am. Double check my phone, yep 7am. I’m not even tired like I should’ve been if I was awake all night.

It was weird, man. But at the same time it makes me laugh thinking about me just standing in my room frozen like Robert DeNiro in Awakenings all night lol then coming to and not skipping a beat. Time for some Conan!



So, my first Grown Up house that was mine was pretty nice. I’m kind of a handy guy, so I could fix little troubles here and there. One day, I start to hear a smoke alarm’s Change My Batteries warning. Single beep, every 30 seconds or so. It would go for a few minutes, then stop.

Over the course of a week, I realize I can’t find that damn smoke alarm that’s beeping. That Saturday afternoon, I go from room to room, looking for it. I can hear the beep every now and then, but always from another room. I try to be methodical about it, waiting in each room in turn (My master bedroom & bathroom, my office, and my roommate’s room, along with our living room, kitchen, and sunroom).

I can never pinpoint the fucker. Reliably, I can hear it in the living room, the most central room of the house, so I figure ‘oh, maybe it’s in the basement.’

Check the basement, nothing.

Back to the living room, now standing a chair to see if I can hear it any better/if there’s some echo distorting things.

Bingo. There’s an attic that’s more of a crawlspace than anything else above a few of the rooms. It’s got to be up there. First, I check the opening in my office. I keep a lock box and my handgun up there. Both are in place, undisturbed. The beep is louder, so it must be in the ‘main’ atticspace, as this is only a small branch-off.

I grab a stepladder and my Makita and go to the main entrance, an overhead panel in a short hallway off the living room (leads to Roomate’s room, her bathroom, and said office). I unscrew the heavy wooden panel (it’s like 3/4th plywood screwed into a frame). Fourth screw off, and I start to push the panel up. Takes a bit of force, as it & the frame are painted. But, it pops, and the panel is about 2 inches from the frame, into the attic.

Cue wave of creepiness. It’s mid-afternoon on a lazy late summer Saturday. Home alone. As far as I’m concerned, this is Midnight on Hallo-fucking-ween, in terms of ‘liklihood of extrantural horror.’

I twist my hand so that the panel is askew and step down. Can’t see up into little triangles of darkness formed by the askwed panel in the ‘hatch frame.’ I wait for the beep again. I do a 30 count.

Then another 30.

Then another 30.


Well, shit.

I step back up, un-skew the panel, and put the screws back in. Fuck this noise. I spend the next 10 minutes sitting in the living room, looking up at that panel, waiting. I avert my eyes every few seconds, checking other doorways (from the living room, you can pretty much the entire house). I was raised on horror movies, I now how this shit works. When you focus on just one thing, the Beast comes from the other direction.

Resident Evil 4 taught me to sweep my goddamn corners when entering a room. So, for those 10 minutes I do that.

No goddamn beep.

For the next 11 months in that house, it never happens again.



Many years ago I was home alone and reading a book in my living room. I heard a sound come from the back bedroom. Upon investigation I found a small porcelain figurine from my wife’s collection smashed against the wall on the opposite side of the room. I’ve often wondered how a figure could fly seventeen feet from the shelf, over the bed and into the wall all by itself.



Continue to Page 2 by clicking the button below…

Leave a comment