What Exactly Is Energy Therapy?
You may have heard of the term ‘Energy Therapy’ Or ‘Energy Healing’, but what exactly does it mean?
Energy Therapy is an umbrella term for any type of therapy carried out, that provides healing by manipulating energy circuits in a persons body. The main aim is to restore balance and harmony in mind, body and soul, while at the same time, stimulating the bodies inner healing mechanisms.
Most people are much more aware of the individual healing practices carried out under the heading.
These therapies include:
- Reiki – a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
- Reflexology – a system of massage used to relieve tension and treat illness, based on the theory that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body.
- Feng Shui – the Chinese art of creating harmonious surroundings that enhance the balance of yin and yang and encourage the flow of energy (chi).
- Thought Field Energy – a mind-body therapy that uses the power of the body’s energy system to relieve the emotional distress associated with most psychological problems.
- Kinesiology – a holistic system that releases energy blocks in order to find and treat root problems and bringing the body back into balance.
- Acupuncture – a complementary medicine where fine needles are inserted in the skin at specific lines of energy to treat various physical and mental conditions.
- Aura & Chakra Balancing – a holistic therapy that clears blockages that stop energy from flowing properly through chakras and affect the overall Aura.
- Crystal Healing – a system of healing that uses gemstones with specific purposes.
- Colour Therapy – is a non invasive complementary therapy that uses light waves to help a wide variety of health issues.
- Flower & Vibrational Essences – is a healing system based on the premise that the essence of a flower contains the vibrational imprint or the life force pattern of the object, that can be used in order to treat ailments.
* * There are many more such therapies that come under the umbrella term of – Energy Healing. The above are some of the more well known ones, feel free to leave any more in the comments.
An Energy Healer is usually versed in more than one of these therapies, oftentimes combining them in their own unique way.
Energy Therapy takes a holistic approach in that it looks beyond the physical in order to focus on the energy systems. These energy systems can be referred to as meridians, aura’s, chakras, nadis. They use these systems to identify rictuses of problems that more physical methods of healing would not have been able to remedy.
It should also be noted that Energy Therapy is a complementary therapy, in that it works very well with modern methods of medicine to reduce side effects of invasive treatments and strong medications.
Through Energy Therapy, a practitioner can conduct a healing session by clearing any blockages that are present in energy fields, rebalancing and harmonising the body. These blockages often manifest themselves into physical symptoms, such as trauma’s, emotional and mental stress, headaches, anxiety, depression, physical distress, environment stress, and personal growth blockages.
By availing of regular energy therapy, a person can identify potential issues before they have a chance to produce physical changes into our bodies. It also allows us to develop our spiritual understandings, re-proioritse and begin walking on the path we are meant to be on in this life.