There’s a woman living in my parents’ house. We would accidentally stumble upon her in the wee morning but she would turn around and disappear. It seems like she’s afraid of us. Sometimes when we watch tv, she would move from one room to another very quickly that we only see a blur. We call her the sarong lady because she’s always wearing a sarong that people in the olden days use when taking a bath in river. For some reason, she never scares us. We always reacted as “Oh, that sarong lady was here again” which is strange to me.

In 2010, we stopped seeing her. We sometimes see blurs of someone entering a room but never a full figure anymore. However, we started hearing dining table chairs being dragged. We ended that by putting a thick carpet.

There are a few things. In Malaysia, ghosts aren’t usually people who used to live in the house. We believe in different entities. I don’t really know what exactly is in my house and I don’t want to ask. It’s just a fixture, every house have something. When we’re at my parents’, my mom told my husband that if he wants to smoke late at night don’t do it in the living room and when I’m at his parents’, his mom told me don’t venture into the kitchen after midnight(this is after an incident of me seeing my husband closing the door of the kitchen bathroom when he was actually in the living room).



This happened to me when I was VERY young, maybe like four or five. My mother and I went to her friend’s so they could visit with each other. I, being so young, am not very interested in adult conversation, so they let me watch tv in the living room while they talked at the kitchen table.

The house we were in was a trailer home, so the kitchen and living room was practically one room separated by a counter. There was also a hallway leading to the back bedrooms.

So I’m sitting on the couch watching the television when I see some movement from the hallway out of the corner of my eye. I turn to look and a massive black dog that I’d never seen at this house before comes slowly and silently walking into the living room. I’m telling you, this dog was bigger than a great Dane. Its legs were thick and muscular and its paws were bigger than my face. As it got closer this unbelievable sense of dread filled every fiber of my being. The dog glanced at me and that’s when I noticed its eyes were fucking red.
However, it didn’t seem to take much interest in me. It simply walked past me, stopped, and stared at my mother and her friend. I vaguely remember wondering why my mom never noticed the dog amidst my overwhelming despair. After a few moments the dog turned around, walked down the hallway, and the further it got the more the cloud of hopelessness lifted. I was so relieved I had to try my hardest to choke back tears.

Now when I think of it, I realized that my mom and her friend probably couldn’t even see the dog.



This will probably never see the light of day but fuck it, will feel good to type.

I am a sceptic in general and don’t buy into any paranormal mumbo jumbo. Something happened to me in college though that I can’t explain and it is so fucking weird that I make it point to remind myself a few times a year that it actually happened. I’m afraid that I’ll forget that it really happened and eventually convince myself that I just don’t remember it correctly. In any case, here’s how it went down:

I was sleeping over at my girlfriend’s house and for a few nights I had been having a similar nightmare. The fact that I was having nightmares was in and of itself odd. I rarely remembered my dreams at that point in my life but suddenly I was having them all the time. The dreams themselves were terrifying. I don’t remember all the details but I clearly remember the source of my fear – it was very tall spindly figure with thin arms and legs and the head of a dog. It looked kind of like an Egyptian Anubis. I remember that it would sort of “dance” towards me in my dreams with its arms waving wildly above its head, almost like one of those fucking air-driven advertisements that they put in front of car lots to get your attention as you drive by. Sounds retarded when I type it, but it was scary enough that it still fills me with a sense of dread when I think about it 15 years later.

All of that is explainable… until this one night.

I was having the dream again and woke up right around the time I usually did; only this time I awoke not just with residual terror but also with an overwhelming sense that something was very wrong and I was in imminent danger. I looked over at my girlfriend just in time to see her eyes snap open. We look at each other and we just know… get out… we flip on the lights (here’s where I begin to doubt myself and have to constantly remind myself… yes, that DID happen) and freeze. All around the room are my girlfriends hats. There’s one on the lamp, a few on the floor, one on the exercise bike, one on a desk. When we went to sleep they were all in a box. We stood there a moment in shock all the while inside my head I am still feeling “GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!” We didn’t say a word, just looked at each other both white as a sheet, turned and got the fuck out her apartment, not even pausing to put on shoes.

We didn’t sleep over there again. I never had that dream again. To this day I have no idea what the fuck to think of that – but I don’t want to forget it either.



My grandfather passed away in 08. He was a big fan of opera music and would blare it in the morning if they ever had any grandkids sleeping over. About a week or two after his funeral, I was lying on my bed when I began to hear a scraping sound. I looked at the direction the sound came from to see a clock radio on the top shelf of my desk turn toward me, sliding across the desk, to face me and it started playing all by itself. The music it was playing was opera music.



I don’t believe in ghosts but I still can’t explain what I saw.

Last summer I was on the sofa watching TV late at night. I looked over at the hallway across the room and saw my sister walk into my parents’ room in the dark. I didn’t think anything of it and kept watching TV. Maybe half an hour later I got a phone call from my mom, saying she and my sister were on their way home.

Bolted into my room and shut the door. The terrifying thing is that I was so sure that my sister was home. To this day I could swear I saw somebody not 30 feet away from me.



St. Augustine, Florida. I was visiting a friend who lived in a very old house. It was creepy enough that the house would creak and sometimes the tempeture felt like it would plumit to chilling even though it was warm in the other room.


Early morning, taking a shower while my friend went down town to pick us up coffee and all of a sudden the radio upstairs goes off.

It was very loud, no music, just static. I figured it may have been an alarm going off but, still, I was scared. I go into the upstairs bedroom to turn off the radio and I can’t figure out how to make it stop. It was on top of a heavy antique dresser and the plug was behind the dresser so I couldn’t unplug it. Instead I found the volume knob and turned it all the way to zero.

Cool. I go back to the bathroom and not even a minute later the damn radio goes off again. This time its louder than before.

I didn’t go back upstairs. I went outside and waited in a towel for my friend to come back.



I could never explain this, but one night I was walking to the car with my parents after a bite to eat. We ate at a restaurant in the crowded downtown area, where the nightlife was booming and many young people came to party. Basically, the district was contained to an outside center that contained many bars and restaurant hot spots.

Anyways, as we were crossing the street with a few people, a heavily inebriated man jostled his way through the crowd. His shirt was unbuttoned and he was clearly manic: slurring random sentences, shouting. And I could never forget his face; the man was completely gone. Wide-eyed and smiling, his grin consuming his face like a flesh-eating virus.

I was like 13-14 at the time, and pretty sheltered at the time, so I gripped my mother’s hand and hid behind her until he passed. He stumbled and literally disappeared from my periphery in a split second once I decided to stay close to my mom.

Immediately after he was gone, I mentioned to my mom how creepy he was.

Her reply?

“What man? I never saw a man.”

It still boggles my fucking mind to this day because he was so loud and making the biggest scene. like, what?!



My grandfather’s company (does timber, mining) was setting up an office in a relatively remote part of a 3rd world county and found a house that was dirt cheap, even for 3rd world country standards. Obviously, there was a catch. The villagers in that area told him not to purchase it since the house was haunted and everyone who had ever lived there died violently. He decided it’s just some superstitious bs and got it anyway.

So the guy setting up the office will live on the top floor of the house with this family and the lower floor’s for the office. He moved in with his wife and 3 kids. Anyway, my grandfather suddenly got no news from him for the longest time. Since this was in a remote part of a 3rd world country, he wasn’t too worried since he just assumed they lost power or something. He finally contacted the local police to go check on the guy since he was completely unreachable.

They found everyone dead. Apparently the guy killed his wife, kids and then himself with a machete. Yes, not a gun. A fucking machete. He actually hacked himself to death. It wasn’t one of those cuts on the wrists to let everyone slowly bleed to death. Everyone was hacked down, including the guy himself.

The description of the scene had to be an exaggeration since I’m assuming the sight of 5 decapitated bodies, including 3 kids, were scary enough to make people see things, so I won’t bother putting it here since I’m not sure what’s true and there were details that people could not have possibly witnessed. Let’s just say I stopped paying attention after I heard the phrase “magic machete”.

I was told entire room was covered in blood, including the ceiling. Some people were saying the blood on the ceiling had to have gotten there because the spirits “threw the bodies around”, I had to explain about blood pressure and got tons of weird looks.

Now, the weird part, if this isn’t weird enough, was that he managed to barricade the door with the bed, with his wife and kids on it. And it’s one of those gigantic old beds that’s extremely hard to move. The locals say this is evidence he was possesed by spirits. I say moving to the middle of nowhere in some 3rd world country drove the guy nuts and crazy people can do all sorts of crazy shit and even perform crazy feats of strength.

Anyway, my grandfather had to paid a few bribes to make sure nothing gets to the press (not hard, middle of nowhere) about the entire thing and get the police to classify the deaths as “natural” (no idea how they’ll explain that, 3rd world countries are awesome). He tried getting other volunteers to set up the office. Even if they haven’t heard all the gory details because of my grandfather’s gag order, everyone knew the previous guy died. No one volunteered. He “promoted” one guy, gave him a fancy title and told him he’s in charge of setting up that office. The guy quit.



When I was younger my mom was volunteering at a hospice/ nursing home that used to be a TB sanatorium and I came along because I didn’t have anything better to do. You can ask anyone around. The place is haunted. I was bored and into the paranormal, so one of the managers took me up to the 6th floor, which was never renovated and is totally shut off. You have to have an elevator key to even get there. The place looked exactly like a haunted sanatorium should look. There were heavy metal doors with bars over the windows. It was dark, the walls were peeling and there was junk everywhere.

So as we’re walking around we hear a series of loud bangs coming from the end of the hall, so of course we go to check it out. We never found anything except another padlocked door that couldn’t possibly have slammed. Then, when we decided to leave, we got into the elevator, turned the key, hit the lobby button and waited. The doors shut and the elevator moved (they were old like everything else, they shook quite a lot). When the doors opened, though, we were still on the 6th floor. Confused, we tried again. Same thing. Doors shut, elevator moved, still on 6. Even the woman I was with was starting to get a little worried at this point, but on the third attempt we finally made it back to the first floor. I wish I still had the pictures I took. The place still creeps me out.



I have a very good friend that has 3 ghosts that are on his property: a dog, a farmer, and a maid.

I was at his house out in the middle of no where. We were watching The Ring with his family late at night and the dog jumped in through his closed window off the porch.

Later that night, we went walking around his property and heard sheet metal moving and distinct hammering coming from his barn. We had been in there previously in the day and when we went back the next day, things had been moved and no one else had been there.

Finally, that night he was awoken in the night by his sheets and covers moving. He first thought it was his mom and told her that he was hot and not to cover him up. When he looked to see his mom, he saw the maid vanish away.

He is a very trust worthy friend and I have personally seen the Dog and Maid and heard the Farmer.



When I was young, 12 or 13, I went to camp. I don’t remember anything except 1 night. We were all gathered in the kitchen (there were about 20 kids), and I remember looking out the window into the pitch black forest and seeing 2 perfectly lit windows in the distance. Close enough that you would easily see the structure in the daylight. It was a large 2nd story room that spanned both of the windows. In 1 window, a presumably old woman was in a rocking chair gently rocking back and forth, and a child was running from window to window playing. I remember purposely looking for this structure the next day and could not find anything.

Also, the windows weren’t obstructed by any trees which suggested that it was easily view-able in the daylight. Still kinda creeps me out when I think about it.



Continue to Page 3 by clicking the button below…

1 2 3

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.