Theodore Roosevelt was a New York governor who became the 26th U.S. president. He is remembered fondly for his foreign policy, corporate reforms and ecological preservation. He is a receiver of both the Nobel Prize and Medal of Honor; fathered the Panama Canal and set aside 230 million acres of land for public good, kickstarting the American conservation movement.
Theodore Roosevelt, or Teddy Roosevelt as he is also warmly referred to, is also a huge source of inspirational quotes. We’ve compiled a list of 16 Theodore Roosevelt Quotes that are sure to strike a chord.
16 Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
1. Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. – Theodore Roosevelt
2. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. – Theodore Roosevelt
Close the Gap From Where You Are and Where You Want to Be by Gaining Clarity for Your Future and an Empowered Mindset.
3. I am a part of everything that I have read. – Theodore Roosevelt
4. Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time. – Theodore Roosevelt
5. The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything. – Theodore Roosevelt
6. Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. – Theodore Roosevelt
8. In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. – Theodore Roosevelt
9. It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. – Theodore Roosevelt
10. Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. – Theodore Roosevelt
11. Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. – Theodore Roosevelt
12. Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind. – Theodore Roosevelt
13. Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster. – Theodore Roosevelt
14. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt
15. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
16. With self-discipline most anything is possible. – Theodore Roosevelt