101 Incredible Uses for Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the most versatile natural substances in existence! You can use it in so many different ways, from beauty products, to cleaning, home remedies and of course, for cooking. Here are 101 different uses for coconut oil!
1. Moisturize your hair and scalp.
2. Moisturize your skin.
3. Prevent acne.
4. Reduce puffiness around eyes.
5. Natural face wash – Mix castor oil and coconut oil with a 1-to-1 ratio for a deep cleansing face wash.
6. Use as a shaving cream.
7. As an aftershave.
8. Exfoliate your face – Mix coconut oil with baking soda with a 1-to-1 ratio and use it on your face.
9. Exfoliate your feet – Mix coconut oil with a little coarse sea salt for a powerful exfoliating concoction.
10. Improve the health of your cuticles.
11. Prevent and get rid of stretch marks.
12. Reduce the appearance of age spots and other types of skin discolouration.
13. Use as replacement for chapstick.
14. Make your own mascara – using coconut oil, aloe vera gel, bees wax, and activated charcoal or cocoa powder.
15. Brighten your eyelashes.
16. Reduce appearance of varicose veins.
17. Speed up hair growth.
18. Get rid of cellulite.
19. Use it as a primer before you apply your makeup.
20. Remove your makeup.
21. Make a natural face mask out of coconut oil and honey.
22. Replace your deodorant.
23. Make your own body butter by combining coconut oil with shea butter.
24. As a base for home made lotions.
25. As a replacement for butter or vegetable oil.
26. To grease your pans.
27. Boost the nutrition and consistency of smoothies.
28. As a coffee creamer.
29. Toast spread.
30. Use it as a sweetener.
31. Prevent freezer burn.
32. Remove stuck on food from dishes.
33. Use in a huge amount of recipes
34. As a base for Mayo.
35. Relief from sunburn.
36. Shallow wound healing.
37. Bug bite relief.
38. Treat eczema.
39. Soothe chicken pox.
40. Soothe skin infected by poison ivy, oak, or sumac.
41. Treat acid reflux or heartburn.
42. Soothe a toothache by mixing 1 part coconut oil with 2 parts clove oil.
43. Make your own toothpaste by mixing with baking soda.
44. Oil pulling as a replacement to mouthwash.
45. Treat and prevent Cold Sores.
46. Relief from hemorrhoids.
47. Fight athlete’s foot.
48. Get rid of toenail fungus.
49. Add to bath to stop skin from drying out.
50.Remove excess wax from ears.
51. Soothe a sore throat.
52. Reduce a cough.
53. Treat hay fever.
54. Boost Immune system.
55. Treat pink eye.
56. Treat an ear infection.
57. Boost blood circulation.
58. Boost your HDL cholesterol.
59. Treat a yeast infection.
60. Prevent the flu.
61. Fight cravings for sugar.
62. Lose weight.
63. Combat digestive problems.
64. Prevent nose bleeds.
65. Improve lung function.
66. Relieve constipation.
67. Stop hot flashes during menopause.
68. Fight H. pylori infections.
69. Fight adrenal fatigue.
70. Treat a urinary tract infection (UTI).
71. Boost calcium absorption.
72. Boost magnesium absorption.
73. Heal bruises more quickly.
74. Get rid of ringworm.
76. As a carrier oil for essential oils.
77. Control blood sugar.
78. Energy boost before a workout.
79. Reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
80. Get rid of lice.
81. Post-inking treatment for tattoos.
82. Make a natural vapor rub using coconut oil, beeswax, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and clove oil.